If you are wondering how to make salsa para birria, this traditional recipe is easy to make and will enhance the birria flavor. Birria is a Mexican meat, usually goat or lamb, cooked traditionally in a hole in the ground. Nowadays, it is common to bake it or make it on the top of a stove. This salsa para birria is not the familiar common salsa to dip chips. Salsa para birria is the key to the birria itself. You can also use it on quesadillas, tostadas, tacos, etc. The main ingredients (chiles de arbol and tomatillos) can be found in the Mexican section of your local supermarket. Here is how to make your own salsa para birria:
- ½ lb. chiles de arbol. (These “chiles de arbol” are dried and are sold in plastic bags.)
- 1 cup whole tomatillos (fresh or canned)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 tbs. white vinegar
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. dried oregano
- 3 round whole peppers
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup fresh onion, finely chopped
- Use latex gloves, and rinse the chiles de arbol.
- Pull off the stems, and take all the seeds out.
- Rinse the inner part of the chiles.
- Boil the chiles and the tomatillos (fresh or canned) in a medium saucepan with enough water to cover them, until soft.
- Transfer the chiles and tomatillos with a fork into a blender, with very little liquid.
- Add the garlic cloves, vinegar, cumin, whole peppers, oregano and salt.
- Blend until smooth.
- Transfer the salsa para birria into a small serving bowl, and just before serving, top it with the fresh cilantro and the chopped onion.
If you want to have better control of the spiciness, start by blending only half of the chiles, and add them in small portions into the blender.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …