How To Make A Sandwich Board Sign
Need to know how to make a sandwich board sign? Sandwich boards are A-frame cutouts that are primarily used to advertise, and it's fairly easy to learn how to make a sandwich board. The name comes from the sandwich shops and eateries that frequently use these signs to advertise daily specials. Many people use the sandwich board design to advertise for personal yard sales and other events. Some guys even use the sandwich board to look for a job or make a political statement. Regardless of how you plan to use it, learning how to make a sandwich board is fairly easy.
To make a sandwich board sign, you will need:
- A saw
- A proper drill bit
- A drill
- 2 hinges
- Wood glue
- A chain
- 24" x 23" plywood panels
- 2 boards, 1" x 6" x 4'
- The first step is to make the legs. There will be four legs in all. For this project, make them two feet long. Of course, to make the sign taller, make the legs longer. Though the legs will not stand on their own as much as in a traditional sign, they are needed to support the sign.
- The next step is attaching the legs to the panels. Attach one leg to each side of the two plywood panels using your screwdriver. There should be about one inch of leg sticking off the end of the panels. This is where the legs will hold the actual sign off of the ground.
- Next, the panels are attached with hinges. Place the two hinges along the top of the panels so that the sign can easily be folded.
- Now prime and paint the panels. Prime and paint the panels that will make up the sign. Use standard white or a bright color that will draw the attention of those who pass.
- For the final step, attach chains on each side. The chains don't have to be that long, they are simply there to keep the sign from folding up. The chains should be just a bit longer than the width that the sign is meant to open to. Attach the chains using screws. Rope can also be used for this part, but chains are typically longer lasting and more durable.