How To Make Sauce For Fish Tacos
Learn about how to make sauce for fish tacos and enjoy this delicious dish that's a change of pace. Regular Mexican tacos are good but for a break from the ordinary, try making fish tacos with a sauce that's easy to make. Think of fish tacos as an extension or another version of fish and chips. Serve fish tacos with coleslaw on the side. Before starting on the fish, prepare the sauce and refrigerate it so it will be chilled and ready to eat when you are.
To make sauce for fish tacos, you will need:
- Mayonnaise, 1/2 cup
- Sour cream, 1/2 cup
- Lemon juice, 3 tablespoons
- Garlic salt, 1 teaspoon
- Milk, 1/4 cup
- Small mixing bowl
- Measure the mayonnaise. Start with a quality mayonnaise like the newer versions that use olive oil in the mayonnaise. Add one-half cup of mayonnaise to a small mixing bowl.
- Add the sour cream. Measure one-half cup of sour cream and add it to the bowl with the mayonnaise. Sour cream will give the sauce for fish tacos a nice sharpness. It's fine to use a reduced fat version of the mayonnaise and the sour cream, if desired.
- Mix the mayonnaise and sour cream. Thoroughly blend the two until creamy.
- Add the milk. Stir one-fourth cup of milk to the mayonnaise and sour cream mixture. This will thin the sauce so it seeps into the fish taco and ensures the flavor reaches every bite.
- Use the lemon juicer. Roll the lemons on the counter before cutting them. Then juice the lemons. Add the lemon juice to the mixture in the bowl.
- Measure garlic salt. Add 1 teaspoon of garlic salt to the mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Chill the sauce for fish tacos. Let the sauce chill in the refrigerator covered for at least half an hour before serving.