Dazzle your friends by showing them you know how to make a scarecrow cocktail. This little known drink is as refreshing as it is delicious. The liquors in a scarecrow cocktail are basic, and likely to be ones you already have in your cabinet. Serve this sweet and different cocktail up.
Making a scarecrow cocktail requires:
- Martini glass
- Cocktail shaker
- Lemon vodka
- Orange liqueur
- Strawberry nectar
- Lemon peel
- Fill the martini glass ice and water and set aside. This will chill the glass and help to keep your scarecrow cocktail cold. If you have pre-chilled glasses, you can omit this step.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Using a cocktail shaker will make it easier to mix and strain. These types of shakers are used for martinis and other drinks that are served up.
- Pour one ounce of vodka, one-half ounce of lemon vodka, one-half ounce of orange liqueur, and one ounce of strawberry nectar into the cocktail shaker. Replace the top on the shaker and mix thoroughly. You will feel the outside of the shaker tin getting cold, which means so is your scarecrow cocktail.
- Pour the ice water out of the martini glass and strain the scarecrow cocktail from the shaker. You will leave the ice behind, pouring out only the mix and chilled drink. The combination of cold drink glass helps ensure the cocktail stays chilled as it you or your guests drink it.
- Add a twist of lemon peel for garnish. The garnish is primarily for looks, but the oils in the lemon peel will echo the flavors of the lemon vodka.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Types of Tattoos Worth the Newfound Health Risks
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.