Learn how to make a shamrock costume to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. The best way to celebrate St. Patrick's Day is, of course, the wearin' o' the green! Follow these easy instructions to learn how to make your own shamrock costume.
What you'll need:
- White or pale green t-shirt
- Light colored jeans
- Computer containing shamrock clip art (including both large and small shamrocks)
- Printable inkjet iron-on transfer paper
- Inkjet printer with plenty of green ink
- Purchased St. Patrick's Day shamrock hat
- Green socks
- The shamrocks Print the shamrock clipart onto the inkjet iron-on transfer paper using your computer and printer. Make sure the shamrocks fill up the entire page, so you are not leaving white space on the page. You don't want to waste the transfer paper. Print a nice mix of large and small shamrocks, so you'll have variety in your costume or print all the shamrocks the same size for uniformity. Print multiple sheets of the shamrocks, depending upon how many you want to have on your costume.
- Cut out Cut all of the shamrock shapes out of the paper and lay them out on top of the t-shirt and jeans in your desired pattern.
- Iron on Follow the instructions on the package of transfer paper and iron the shamrocks onto the t-shirt and jeans. Allow to cool.
- Flip Turn the t-shirt and jeans over and lay out more shamrock shapes in your desired pattern to cover the back of the costume. Use the iron to iron the shamrocks on. Allow the costume to cool again.
- Dress for the occasion It's time to try on your shamrock costume! Try on the shirt and jeans and take a look in the mirror to see if you need to add a few more shamrocks. If not, put on the green socks, put on some shoes and add the hat to your shamrock costume. You're ready for St. Patrick's Day!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!