It is not that difficult to learn how to make shredded chicken sandwiches. This recipe is for a super easy, hot and creamy chicken sandwich that has all the makings of a classic comfort food. Use a reduced fat cream soup and a low calorie bun if you need a delicious low fat meal. All you need is one good sized pot or saucepan to make shredded chicken sandwiches so clean up will be a breeze.
To make shredded chicken sandwiches you will need:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (use any type of cream soup you like: cream of celery chicken)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 finely chopped cloves of garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Sandwich rolls or buns
- Season your chicken to taste with salt and pepper. Place in a pot with the chopped onion, garlic and cream of mushroom soup.
- Pour water over the chicken to cover. Add no more than 1 1/2 cups of water. Bring the entire mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer. Allow the chicken to cook through until it is no longer pink. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of your chicken breasts; usually 20-25 minutes will be needed to thoroughly cook.
- Remove the chicken from the pot. Place it on a cutting board or on a plate. Allow the chicken to rest about 5 to 10 minutes to cool and seal in the juices.
- Boil the mixture that remains in the pot until it is reduced and thickened while your chicken is resting. Turn the heat back down to simmer.
- Shred the chicken using two forks or your fingers. Put the shredded chicken back in the pot with the sauce mixture and heat through for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Toast sandwich buns or rolls to make a good old fashioned shredded chicken sandwich. Place the shredded chicken on the roll or bun.
Don't shred your chicken too thin or you may end up with a soggy sandwich. Substitute the soup with barbecue sauce to make spicy shredded chicken sandwiches. Add a dash of hot sauce too.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Field Test: LA’s Best Valets Take on the Stingray
There are no wiser men than Hollywood car parkers to gauge the true star power of an automobile...
Friday Drink Special: The Little Zombie
Perhaps the world's first cocktail inspired by Comic Con and The Walking Dead.
Liev Schreiber Is a Bit Nicer Than Ray Donovan
With Season 2 underway, the actor explains how he relates to the nefarious character he plays.