Want to learn how to make shrimp dim sum? Shrimp Dim Sum is so yummy so why not learn how to make this delicious meal yourself right? There are quite a few ingredients that go into preparing Shrimp Dim Sum, but the end result is a tasty filled wonton. The receipe for Shrimp Dim Sum can also be changed to add in pork as well should do you desire. So depending on a person's preference Dim Sum can be made to anyone's liking especially if you are a person whom is allergic to Shrimp.
Ingredients For Dim Sum
- 1/2 lb. raw shrimp, peeled
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1tsp salt
- 3 Chinese Mushrooms, which are soaked for 20 minutes in warm water
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 oz. shredded carrots or bamboo shoots
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Directions For Shrimp Dim Sum
- Start by properly preparing the shrimp. Wash the raw shrimp and be sure to remove the shrimps vein. Once all the raw shrimp has been washed and de-veined pat the shrimp dry.
- Next dice the shrimp up and add it to a medium sized mixing bowl. Add in the Chinese Mushrooms making sure to remove the stems, and the bamboo shoots or shredded carrots.
- Pound them together until the mixture is firm. Next add in your seasonings as listed and pound the mixture again to ensure the seasoning is mixed in well.
- Taking your wontons put approximately two teaspoons of filling in each wonton. To close the wonton simply place the wonton in one hand, and then squeeze the edges upwards to keep the wonton sealed. Your wonton should look similar to a basket with the filling in the bottom and all four edges up at the top nicely pinched to keep the ingredients inside.
- Once this has been done to all of the wontons you then can use a spoon to flatten the tops down a little so they can cook easily.
- The last step is to take the wontons and place them in a greased steamer or a greased plate and let them steam on high heat for approximately 10 minutes.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.