How To Make Shrimp Dumplings
Do you know how to make shrimp dumplings? If you answered no, don’t worry, you are not alone. Many people enjoy them, but very few people know how to properly prepare them. But don’t you worry, all you have to do is follow this easy recipe, and you will be enjoying delicious dumpling in no time.
You will need the following ingredients:
- 12 oz shrimp deveined, peeled and minced
- 1 cup cabbage chopped
- 1/2 green onion chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, cabbage, onion, sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic powder, salt, pepper and sugar.
- Mix well and place shrimp dumpling filling in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- Lay two wonton wrappers at a time onto a flat surface.
- Take about one tablespoon of your shrimp dumpling filling and place into the center of the wrapper.
- Wet your fingers slightly with water and rub along the edges of your wonton wrappers. Rubbing a beaten egg along the edges could also be used to help seal the wrapper together.
- Fold your wonton wrapper to cover the shrimp dumpling filling.
- Press edges together to seal the shrimp dumpling filling.
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil.
- Add dumplings and boil for about ten minutes or until shrimp dumplings begin to float. An alternative to boiling your shrimp dumplings is to fry them in a pan.
- Stir dumplings to prevent sticking.
- Remove shrimp dumplings and drain.
- Serve dumplings with your favorite sauce or noodles.