It's easy to learn how to make silver-dipped jewelery. Making silver dip for jewelry is a great way to polish and rejuvenate your tarnished or worn pieces. Well-maintained silver is lovely. You can use this silver dip on other items such as silverware. Silver jewelry tarnishes easily. A layer of oxidation builds on the jewelry. Scrubbing too hard or using abrasive materials can cause damage to your jewelry. Having jewelry dipped by a professional can be very expensive. Luckily, there is a simple and easy to make dip you can use to create beautiful jewelry. Try this quick and easy method to make your silver pieces shine.
In order to make silver-dipped jewelry, you will need:
- Aluminum foil
- Hot water
- Two tablespoons sodium bicarbonate
- Two tablespoons sodium chloride
- Baking pan
- Soft towel
- Boil the water. Allow to cool slightly. Make sure the water is still hot.
- Line a baking pan with the aluminum foil. Fill it with the water. Add the sodium bicarbonate and sodium chloride to the pan.
- Drop your silver pieces into the mixture. It is fine if they touch each other. Allow them to sit for a few minutes. Normally it takes about five minutes.
- Remove the pieces from the container. Rinse with water. Blot the pieces dry with the soft towel. Make sure the jewelry is completely dry before putting it away. Water left on the silver can lead to tarnishing. The key is to avoid silver oxidation.
- When storing your silver jewelry, add a piece of chalk to the container or storage area. This will minimize tarnish. Avoid storing the jewelry in humid places.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How to Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, master these skills. (Yes, several are car-related.)