You want to learn to make your own silver finger rings and are clueless on where to look for cheap supplies or how to even go about making the rings? That's OK. Learning how to make your own finger rings is a little overwhelming at first, but once you figure out how to go about doing so, the job is painless and easy and you will begin making rings with little to no effort at all.
Tools and supplies you should be looking for:
- Gemstones (optional)
- Ring blanks
- Silver cleaner and/or cleansing cloth
- Figure out if you will be adding stones to your rings. Auction websites and websites that focus on gems sell stones in bulk or sell more expensive pieces like opals. Stone hunting is a lot of fun, especially if you are looking for that one of a kind piece. You can purchase beautiful authentic stones or if you are just starting out, begin with synthetic stones or man made stones. If you mess up, the loss is less than if you were to accidentally damage an opal or expensive gemstone.
- You will need a supplier of ring blanks. There are many types of silver ring blanks. Prong ring blanks are the easiest to work with, especially for beginners. Seek out prong ring blanks and make sure the stones you purchased are the right size for the ring blanks.
- Once you have your stones/gemstones in hand and your chosen silver ring blank, you can begin to apply the stones to the ring blank. Jewelers glue can hold stones to flat surface ring blanks, but prong ring blanks will require you to use a small pair of pliers to clamp the stone in place once you have placed it inside of the prong cup.
- Now that you have your stone in place in the silver ring blank, you can begin to polish the silver ring using a silver cleaner or silver cleansing cloth. If you are going to use a silver liquid cleaner make sure your stone is capable of going into the solution before just dipping it in. We suggest silver dry cloths to polish the ring for this reason.
- Enjoy your new ring. If the quality is up to par, go ahead and attempt to sell your silver finger ring.