How To Make Silver Jewelry
Learning how to make silver jewelry will require a bit of practice and a little bit of patience depending on how detailed you want to be. Making silver jewelry can not only be fun but can be rewarding watching someone else wear the jewelry you created.
To make silver jewelry, you will need:
- Silver jewelry wire
- Wire cutters
- Flat Pliers
- Metal File
- Determine exactly what you want to design. Depending on what you want to make you may need additional supplies. For example if you choose to make earrings you will also need silver earring hooks to attach your design to prior to wearing. If you choose to make bracelets or necklaces you will also need a necklace/bracelet clasp to be able to attach one end to another.
- Depending on the item in creation you will want to cut enough silver wire to begin your design. Shape, twist, knot or wrap the wire in the fashion you desire. Use the pliers to help aid in holding the wire secure so you can twist into design.
- Cut the wire as neat as possible to avoid extremely sharp areas.
- Once you have completed the design with the aid of the flat pliers tuck all ends into the design to make them unnoticeable.
- Once you have completed your silver jewelry you will want to file any sharp ends so your new silver jewelry does not cause injury to the skin.
Once you are finished with your design attach any earring hooks, clasps or other silver jewelry pieces to make them functional. Make sure all attached pieces are securely attached prior to wearing as not to lose your newly designed silver jewelry.