How To Make Silver Rings
How to make silver rings is a simple yet intricate art. Once you become accustomed to wrapping silver wire around different supplies with unique and interesting designs you have a silver ring worthy of gift giving. You will need to master certain tips and techniques to silver ring making prior to buying more expensive materials.
To make a silver ring, you will need:
- Silver wire
- Flat needle nose pliers
- Metal file
- Ring mandrel
- Wire cutters
- Beads with pre drilled holes
- Using the ring mandrel decide the size you will need to make your ring. You will want to use the ring mandrel to wrap the wire around to make the correct size.
- Make a sturdy base for your ring by wrapping the wire around the ring mandrel. Depending on the thickness of silver wire you selected will depending on how many times you need to wrap the wire so it does not bend between wearing.
- Apply the beads to the wire making sure they are top side up on your ring; wrap the beads in any design to your liking to secure the beads. Remember wire wrapped jewelry comes in many different styles and the styles all depend upon the maker. Always make sure your wraps are tight and neat.
- Once you have completed wrapping your ring in the style you want. Use the wire cutters to cut the wire and tuck it into the ring in an inconspicuous area.
- Using the metal file, file the area of the wire you cut to remove any sharp edges. This will prevent any tears in the skin to the wearer.