Learn how to make a simple apple pie with 4 apples with this easy recipe. There’s nothing more satisfying if you’re craving something sweet than hot apple pie. A lot of people think making pie is a hard task, but the only tricky part is the pie crust. With a huge variety of pre-made crusts readily available at the grocery store, the crust shouldn’t hold you back. Pie crusts can be purchased in the freezer section already in an aluminum pie pan or in the refrigerated section near the canned biscuits. The refrigerated ones are nice for the top crust because they are ready to drop right over the pie without the need to separate from the pan and flatten.
To make a simple apple pie with 4 apples, you will need:
- A frozen pie shell in an aluminum pan
- A refrigerated pie shell
- 4 apples, preferably tart
- 1 cup brown sugar or regular sugar
- 1 tsp. apple pie spice
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch (if you have it)
- A knife
- A fork
- An oven
- A heavy baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Measuring spoons
- Preheat the oven. Set the oven dial at 400 degrees.
- Set the frozen pie shell on the counter to thaw. Place the refrigerated pie shell on the counter to warm up to room temperature.
- Prepare the pan. Line the pan with aluminum foil for easy clean up.
- Peel and slice the apples. Put them in the thawed pie shell in the aluminum pan.
- Sprinkle apple pie seasoning and cornstarch over the apples. Stir slightly to coat the apples.
- Unroll the refrigerated pie shell. Place it over the apple pie.
- Crimp the apple pie shells. Press the fork tines around the edges of the pie shells to seal them together. Cut decorative slits in the apple pie to allow steam to release during baking. Make three parallel cuts, cut slices radiating from the middle, or create your own design.
- Place the apple pie on the baking sheet. Put the pie on the center rack in the oven.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes. If you place aluminum foil either around the edges or loosely over the whole pie for the first twenty minutes, it will minimize the chance of burned edges. All ovens are different. Check the pie every five minutes after the first thirty.
- Allow the apple pie to cool. Slice and serve warm or cold with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream or plain. Any way you slice it, apple pie is a favorite!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
You’re Not a Man Unless You Can Cook These 5 Meals
You're not off the hook: This list includes dessert.