How To Make A Sims 2 Collection
Wondering how to make a Sims 2 collection? First step in order to make a Sims 2 collection you’ll need the ‘Sims 2 Collection Creator’. It’s a program designed by Jfade of DJs Sims forum. There are two versions in which you can choose from. You can choose to install the Sims 2 Collection Creator software onto your hard drive or simply work from the main file folder on your desktop. The program allows Sim players to organize their custom content files. No more spending long amounts of time clicking through pages just to find a certain item you are looking for. This is a great tool for organized players or custom content creators.
- Launch the Sims 2 Collection Creator onto your screen. It will ask you to select your default directory where your collection files will be stored. You can choose to install them directly in your Sims folder, usually located at C:/My Documents/Ea Games/Sims 2/Collections. There are also other selections to choose from such as turning off warning dialogs or turning on package compression.
- Now it’s time to create your Sims 2 collection. Before you start click “Make New Collections”. It is the first button on the top left corner. This will assign a unique ID to your file. Give your collection a unique name so you’ll know what to look for later in the game. Then select the “…” button to add a custom picture. Normal file size is 50 x 50 jpg image that will appear on the folder. If you don’t have an image you can select sample in game ones from the Sims 2 Collection Creator’s folder. Lastly select what collections type you want your file to appear in. Choose between Residential, Community or both (only if you have the Pets expansion).
- There are two ways to upload content to the Sims 2 collection creator. The button on the left of a chair allows you to individually add certain files. The button on the right of a folder allows you to add an entire folder of items. If you choose to select and entire folder another window will open up called “Batch Adding Pane”. This will you delete individual files from your folder that you don’t want to appear in your collections. Once you have made your corrections select the green checkmark button.
- Once everything looks in order click the floppy disk button the lower right corner to save your file. After it’s saved if you didn’t set the Sims 2 collection’s folder as the main directory simply locate the file within your folders and copy and paste it in the Sims 2 collection’s folder, otherwise your collection file will not show up!
- If you later decide to want to add more content to your package launch the software again and select the second button on the top left corner to open up your Sims 2 collection file that you want to edit.