How To Make A Singapore Sling
If your girlfriend enjoys tropical drinks, learn how to make a Singapore Sling. Gin gives the cocktail a powerful punch, but cherry infused brandy gives the drink a sweet and fruity taste.
You will need the following ingredients to make a Singapore Sling:
- A dash of cherry brandy
- 4 ounces club soda
- 1 ounce gin
- 1/2 ounce grenadine
- 2 ounces sour mix
- Cracked ice
- Ice cubes
- Cherry (optional)
- Orange slice (optional)
- Place ice cubes in a Collins glass. This is the best glass to serve a Singapore Sling.
- Fill a shaker with cracked ice. You can use ice cubes too but cracked ice does a better job of chilling the Singapore Sling cocktail‘s mix of ingredients.
- Add the gin, sour mix and grenadine to the shaker. These are the core elements of a Singapore sling and need to be combined before you add the other parts.
- Cap the shaker and shake the contents. You don’t have to be too vigorous. You want to completely mix the liquids without bruising the gin.
- Strain the contents into the Collins glass you prepared in Step One.
- Add club soda, it’s used to make a Singapore Sling fizzy. If you don’t have any club soda on hand you can still make a Singapore Sling using your favorite lemon-lime soda.
- Float the cherry brandy on top of the other ingredients. This give a Singapore Sling its signature sweet taste.
- Garnish with a cherry and orange slice if you like. Cut the orange slice and hang it on the rim of the glass. Use a toothpick to spear the cherry and the orange together.