How To Make A Skateboard
Learning how to make a skateboard is a process that requires some devotion. You will also need access to a deck mold and knowledge of basic shop materials. The following is how to make a skateboard.
- Seven or eight pieces of wood veneer
- Wood glue
- Saw, such as table saw or electric hand saw
- Grip tape
- Trucks with wheels
- Screws and screwdriver
- Deck mold
- First, purchase all of the necessary materials. You may need to go to a skate shop for trucks and wheels, but the rest of the supplies should be available at any home improvement or construction supply store.
- Start with the deck. Mark the dimensions of the board, and trace them onto seven or eight, depending on desired thickness, pieces of wood veneer. Cut the deck-shaped veneer pieces from the sheets.
- Apply wood glue between all sheets, and stack the pieces of veneer together, making the deck. Before the glue dries, place this into a deck mold, an allow it to dry thoroughly.
- Once dried, remove the deck from the mold, and sand all of its edges so that it is perfectly smooth. The deck is now made, from seven or eight glued together strips of veneer, and it is the basis of the board.
- If desired, paint the underside of the board.
- Screw trucks onto the bottom of the board, spaced evenly.
- Attach the wheels to the axles on the newly installed skateboard trucks.
- Apply grip tape to the top of the homemade skateboard. You have now learned how to make a skateboard, and a beautiful homemade specimen should result.
Learning how to make a skateboard at home is not too hard. All that you need is time, materials and craftsmanship, and with those entities, you may be able to construct a beautiful and functional board at home that may be put to actual use.