Here you will learn a simple, but delicious recipe for how to make slow cooker chicken and rice inside of a slow cooker. Once you have gotten all the ingredients, and prepared your chicken and rice, your family and friends will be pleasantly surprised at how good of a cook you really are.
You will need:
- slow cooker
- 3 lbs. of bone in, chicken thighs
- 3 cups of rice
- 4 cups of water
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 1 small onion diced
- 1/2 bag of frozen peas
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 teaspoons of pepper
- 2 teaspoons of turmeric
Now that we have all the ingredients for making chicken and rice in a slow cooker, lets begin cooking.
- Turn the slow cooker on medium heat. Always start at medium heat to get the slow cooker heated quickly.
- Rinse off the 3 lbs. of bone in chicken thighs. Pat dry with a paper towel, and place at the bottom of the slow cooker, skin side down.
- Add the three cups of rice. Do not mix at all.
- Add in the small, diced onion. Again, do not mix the mixture at all.
- Add in the two teaspoons of salt, pepper and turmeric. Once again, no mixing at all.
- Add in the 1/2 bag of frozen peas. Frozen peas are preferred when using a slow cooker. If you were to use canned peas, the peas would become to mushy, ruining the chicken and rice dish. You want the peas to be cooked, yet firm.
- Add the four cups of water, and the two cups of chicken stock. Chicken stock is preferred due to the depth of flavor it has. If you cannot find chicken stock, you can make your own or buy chicken broth as a substitute.
- Without stirring anything, place the top on the slow cooker and turn the heat to medium low. Leave lid shut until cooking time has passed.
- Allow to cook for at least four hours. You can stretch out the time by placing it on low for up to eight hours if preferred.
- Once the time has passed, remove top, mix the chicken and rice, and serve. Enjoy !
For left overs, place chicken in rice into a sealed container. Can last in the refrigerator up to one week, or in the freezer for up to one month. Either way, you, your family, and your friends will be enjoying this recipe for years to come.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Types of Tattoos Worth the Newfound Health Risks
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.