Create this spicy dish easily by learning how to make slow cooker chicken curry. Chicken curry is a traditional spicy Indian dish served over rice. All you do is place all the ingredients in the slow cooker and come back in eight hours to a perfectly cooked dinner.
To make slow cooker chicken curry, you will need:
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, sliced into one inch strips
- 2 onions, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ cup chicken broth
- White or brown rice, cooked
- Prepare all ingredients. Rinse the chicken breasts in water and slice into one inch strips. Peel and coarsely chop the onions. Note: Coarsely chopped is ¼ to 1/2 inch cubes. Peel the garlic cloves, cut off each end, and place on a chopping board. Place a wide knife over the garlic cloves and gently smash the garlic. Chop more with the knife if necessary or use a garlic press.
- Make slow cooker chicken curry. Place the chopped onions in the bottom of the slow cooker. Add chicken strips, garlic, spices, soy sauce and chicken broth. Stir to mix the spices into the ingredients. Place the lid on the slow cooker and on the low setting. Cook for eight to nine hours. Stir to mix thoroughly after cooking.
Serve slow cooker chicken curry. Make a thin bed of rice on a dinner plate. Spoon the slow cooker chicken curry over the rice and serve hot. Serves four.
Serve slow cooker chicken curry with a side dish of steamed vegetables and salad to complete the meal.
Follow the directions on the package of rice, and be careful to not overcook it to avoid mushy rice.
Beth Hensperger, Not Your Mother’s Slow Cooker Cookbook, Harvard Common Press 2005.
Betty Crocker Editors, Betty Crocker’s Slow Cooker Cookbook, MacMillan 1999.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.