Chicken and dumplings are a quintessential comfort food, and knowing how to make slow cooker dumplings can come in handy with the hectic life most people lead these days. Slow cooker recipes are especially wonderful, because they require a small amount of prep in the morning,and then dinner is ready when you comes home in the evening.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
To make slow cooker chicken and dumplings, you will need:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 (10 ounce) packages of refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces
- Arrange chicken, butter, soup and onion in your slow cooker. Pour enough water in the slow cooker to cover everything.
- Cook on HIGH for five to six hours.
- Add biscuit dough. About 30 minutes before serving, add biscuit dough to slow cooker and cook until dough is no longer raw.
Notes and tips:
- Slow cooker recipes can be easily modified to fit your own personal preferences. Seasoning can be added or removed, as you see fit.
- If the slow cooker recipes calls for prep in the morning, followed by cooking on HIGH heat, it can be modified. Simply prepare the ingredients at night, before you go to bed, and set the slow cooker on LOW heat. Check the dish an hour or two before you wish to serve, and adjust the heat to HIGH, if need by.
- This method also works the other way. If the recipe calls for an entire day (eight to ten hours) of cooking on LOW heat and you don't have that kind of time, not to worry. Simply adjust the heat setting on your slow cooker to HIGH for four to five hours, and then change it to its LOW setting for the last hour or so of its cooking time.