Learning how to make slow cooker pasta can help you create a healthy, delicious meal for your family with very little effort or time spent in the kitchen. When making pasta and pasta sauce the old fashioned way, you need to use multiple pots and keep an eye on everything that’s cooking. With a slow cooker, you can add the pasta and sauce together, set the heat and forget about it until the pasta is done cooking.
To complete this task, you will need:
- Whole wheat pasta
- Pasta sauce
- Slow cooker
- Gather your ingredients. To make slow cooker pasta, you will need pasta, pasta sauce and your slow cooker. You can also use water, but cooking the pasta directly in the sauce will give you a fully prepared meal when it’s finished. Whole wheat heat pasta is the best option for cooking slow cooker pasta.
- Add your sauce to the slow cooker. Turn the slow cooker to a high heat setting and wait for the sauce to boil. Once you see several bubbles, it’s time to add the pasta.
- Place the pasta inside the slow cooker. The sauce should completely cover the pasta just like cooking it in a pan with water. Keep the heat setting on high.
- Allow the pasta to cook in the slow cooker. The cooking time is about 30 to 45 minutes total for most pastas.
- Eat a small piece of pasta to make sure it’s fully cooked. Turn your slow cooker off and serve.
Do not wait to eat your pasta once it’s finished cooking and avoid putting your slow cooker on a low heat setting to keep the pasta warm. Keeping the pasta over heat can cause it to get soft and too mushy.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.