How To Make Slow Cooker Pork Loin
The pork loin roasts were on sale, you stocked up and now you want to know how to make slow cooker pork loin in a tasty new way. The same old pork loin recipes won’t do this time. And who doesn’t love the convenience of throwing ingredients in a slow cooker? Put everything in the crock pot early and you won't have to wonder what's for dinner when you get home after work or from running errands. This flavorful pork loin can easily be prepared in a slow cooker for a roast that will be tender and juicy.
To make slow cooker pork loin with a Latin twist you will need:
- 3 to 4 lb. boneless pork loin roast
- 1 large onion
- 2 large sweet peppers, 1 yellow and 1 red or 2 yellow
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp. (or less to taste) jalapenos from a jar (pickled)
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- The first step in the process is to prepare the pork loin by trimming off any visible fat. Then cut the roast in half lengthwise to better fit in the slow cooker. Place the pork loin halves in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Remove the seeds from the sweet peppers and slice them into strips. Slice the onion and add it to the slow cooker along with the sliced sweet peppers.
- Now it’s time to chop the pickled jalapeno peppers and the garlic cloves. Add these along with the canned tomatoes, cumin and cinnamon to the pork loin in the slow cooker. Stir all of the ingredients to blend them together.
- Put the lid on the slow cooker and set the temperature to low. Cook for approximately six hours and let the slow cooker work its magic on the roast.
- When the pork loin is done, remove it from the slow cooker and let it cool enough to shred into bite size pieces. Put the shredded pork loin back into the slow cooker and combine with the other ingredients. Stir in the ½ teaspoon of salt and let the pork get hot again.
The pork loin is now ready to serve and is delicious over your favorite rice or mashed potatoes. Now that you know how to make a slow cooker pork loin, don’t be afraid to change the ingredients to suit your tastes. If you want a less spicy pork loin, then omit the jalapenos or add more if you like extra heat!