There are many occasions in which someone would want to know how to make slow cooker potatoes. Potatoes are some of the most versatile and delicious foods that can be eaten with virtually any other food as a delicious side dish. There are even some recipes in which they can be eaten as a main dish, though these usually include the implementation of at least one other major ingredient. Though there are many different recipes that you can use to make a delicious meal using potatoes and a slow cooker, here are several of the simpler and more delicious ones.
There is one recipe that is particularly simple. It is simply slow cooker mashed potatoes. For this dish, all you will need is:
- 5 pounds red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, or to taste
- 1/2 cup butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- All you need to do for this recipe is cook the potatoes with all of the ingredients in a pot for about 15 minutes before adding it to a slow cooker.
- Once it is in the slow cooker, simply cook it on low for 3 hours and you will have a simple and delicious side of mashed potatoes.
Another delicious and simple recipe is a creamy cheese and potato soup that can be used as a main dish. For this all you need is:
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 6 slices crisp cooked bacon, crumbled
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon dried, minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chicken soup base
- 1 cup warm water
- 5 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups water
- To make this dish, you need to add all ingredients except the cheese, bacon and potatoes into a saucepan.
- Cook them until they are smooth and runny. Then add the potatoes and the mixture into slow cooker for around 5 hours.
- After this, add the cheese and bacon into the mixture and serve. This is a simple recipe that can please just about anyone.
There are many other recipes, but these are some of the simplest and most delicious meals and sides that you can make with potatoes and a slow cooker.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
13 Pro Wrestling Tales Too Crazy to be True—But They Are!
Because the gnarliest stuff happens when the cameras are off.