There are many people who love conga drums yet don't know how to make small surface repairs on conga drums. It’s hard not to have some surface damage on a conga drum, but did you know you can make small surface repairs to make the drum look like new? This article will guide you in making these repairs. T
Things you'll need:
- Scrap board
- Wood glue
- Wood filler
- Rubber mallet
- Stain or paint
- Polyurethane finish
- Shape a piece of wood to fill the area you are trying to fix. The piece of wood should fit into the crack you are trying to fix on the conga drum.
- Clean the edges and smooth them down. Don’t forget to remove any dust after this step.
- Take the wood glue and apply the glue to the edges of the wood and to the edges of the crack on the drum.
- Using the rubber mallet, tap the wood into the crack on your conga drum. You might notice some gaps in the drum. All you need to do to fix this is fill them with wood filler. Before you move to step five, you need to make sure your work is dry.
- Sand the edges to prevent tears on the conga drum.
- Sand the whole surface. This will make the drum's surface smooth.
- Wipe away the dust and stain the surface in the color you prefer. Then apply a coat of polyurethane. This will enhance the original color of your drums.
- Once you have done this, repeat step seven. You’ll need to apply four coats of polyurethane to the conga drum.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.