How To Make A Smoker Grill
Want to learn how to make a smoker grill? Smoked foods are delicious, but expensive to buy. However, it is fairly easy to create a smoker grill right at home in your own kitchen. All you need are the right kinds of supplies and you can make your own smoked meats, including poultry, fish and vegetables.
To make a smoker grill you will need:
- Rectangular chef's pan
- Wire cooling rack
- Heavy weight aluminum foil
- Metal tongs
- Smoking wood
- Food to be smoked
- Purchase a large, rectangular, stainless steel chef's pan. These are available in stores that sell restaurant supplies and in some cooking stores.
- A the same time, buy a cooling rack for cakes and cookies. The rack should be about the same size as the chef's pan or slightly larger so it can rest on the top lip of the pan without tipping over. In a pinch, you can use an oven rack as long as it is approximately the same size as the chef's pan.
- Purchase wood that can be used in a smoker. Many specialty cooking stores carry smoker wood in a variety of flavors and strengths. Smoking wood can also be purchased online from websites that specialize in smoked foods and supplies.
- Pick up a roll of heavy-duty aluminum foil at the grocery store or the cooking store. In addition, buy or borrow a pair of metal cooking tongs with a spring loaded hinge.
- Place the chef's pan on the burners of the stove with a handful of whatever smoker wood scattered across the bottom. You don't need too much, as it will create too strong a smoked flavor.
- Place the wire rack on the top of the pan with whatever food is to be smoked. Cover the pan with the foil. Create a tent with the foil so it completely encloses the top of the pan with the rack and the food to be smoked.
- Turn on the stove and allow the wood to smoke the meat or fish. Keep a close eye on your stove to prevent burning or a fire from starting.
- If the meat or chicken is very thick, you may have to finish them in a frying pan or the oven to avoid over-smoking in the smoker grill. Be sure to turn off the light under the smoker grill and allow the pans to cool before handling.
Making delicious smoked food in a homemade smoker grill is a quick and easy way to add some variety to what you serve.