How To Make A Smollett Cocktail
Need to know how to make a Smollett cocktail? If you like a sweeter, summery, deliciously refreshing drink, a Smollett cocktail could be your new best friend. Created in 2001, the Smollett cocktail has the sweet undertones of cherry with a slight bite from vodka and is just right for sipping during a summer picnic with friends. Serve this delightful concoction with trays of grapes or other fruit and cheese or after dinner with a rich chocolate dessert.
To make a Smollett cocktail, you will need:
- A cocktail shaker
- A chilled martini glass if served up style (chilled, without ice) or an Old Fashioned glass if served on the rocks (over ice)
2 ounces of the best citron vodka you can find. Go for the triple-distilled bottle for the smoothest Smollett cocktail
- Juice from half a lime
1/2 ounce cherry brandy
- 1 ounce maraschino cherry juice
- Maraschino cherries for garnish
- Fill the cocktail shaker half full with fresh ice. Add in the vodka, lime juice, cherry brandy and maraschino cherry juice. If you like a less sweet cocktail, use less of the cherry juice.
- Place the top on the cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously for at least thirty seconds. The goal is to have little pieces of ice floating on the top of the drink when you pour it into your glass of choice.
- Strain your Smollett cocktail into the glass. Add two maraschino cherries for garnish. Sip and enjoy.
If you really like a sweet cocktail, dip the rim of the glass in some cherry juice and then dip it in sugar so that there will be more sweetness in each sip.