How To Make Snow Cream
Here are some easy step-by step instructions on how to make snow cream. Snow cream sounds so yummy, just as long as you are using fresh snow and not snow that has not been marked by animals. Snow ice cream is very easy to make and fun too for the youngsters in your home. Snow ice cream will bring back memories to people from areas where snow is heavy and plentiful.
Traditional Snow Cream
Traditional snow cream is the one you will see everywhere and the one that is very simple to make. This snow ice cream can be made with sweetened condensed milk instead of milk if you prefer. Snow ice cream cannot be stored, so make exactly what you want and plan to eat it right away. Half the fun of snow ice cream is eating when the snow is still fluffy. If you do not want to go outside and dig then place a large bowl on your porch and wait for the snow to fill the bowl. Happy thoughts make happy snow cream.
- 1 gallon fresh snow
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- It is important to use fresh snow, so when it first starts snowing, go and gather up your snow in a large container. You can use a metal spoon for stirring with or a heavy duty spatula.
- Sprinkle the sugar all around the snow and mix together lightly. Add in the vanilla extract and again mix well.
- Add in the milk a little at a time until you get the right consistency. Serve in large bowls and enjoy.
Variation to the above recipe: Use sweetened condensed milk. You can use less sugar also.
Chocolate Snow Cream
Chocolate snow cream is easy to make also. This recipe can be adapted to fit your taste and your pocketbook. The recipe calls for chocolate milk, but you can substitute cocoa or chocolate syrup. For those who want to make this tasty treat even better, you can add some chocolate biscotti along the side. To be even more special, add a large cup of hot chocolate with whipped cream along with the snow cream.
- 1 gallon fresh snow
- 1 cups sugar
- 2 cups chocolate milk
- Again make sure the snow is very fresh and loose. Add in the sugar and stir slightly to mix.
- Start to pour the chocolate milk slowly and mixed to desired consistency. If you want you can put some chocolate curls on top of the ice cream.
Note: Chocolate curls are made by using a potato peeler on a chunk of chocolate.