When you learn how to make soap from scratch you will be able to control the ingredients, avoid the packaging of commercial soaps and have the satisfaction of knowing you can make soap yourself. You just need to be careful when you make soap from scratch since lye is caustic, and has to be mixed correctly. Every ingredient must be measured carefully when you make soap from scratch.
To make soap from scratch you will need:
- 700 ml purified water
- 9 1/4 oz. lye
- 4 1/2 cups of olive oil, not extra virgin
- 2 cups coconut oil
- 2 cups grape seed oil
- glass measuring cup
- immersion blender
- soap mold
- heavy towels
- brown paper
- Mix together the water and lye in a glass measuring cup. Use a chopstick to stir it. Wear a mask so you don’t breathe the fumes from the lye. This is the first step to make soap.
- In a large pot mix together all three oils. Heat them up slowly to 110 degrees.
- Allow the lye to cool off to 110 degrees. When the lye and oils are at the same temperature, pour the lye into the oil. This is the trickiest part to make soap.
- Mix the two together with an immersion blender for three minutes. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the pan. It is best to have tools only to make soap.
- Pour the mixture into a mold. Wrap the mold with heavy towels for 24 hours. When you make soap you have to keep the heat in so that the correct chemical reaction takes place.
- When the soap is hardened, cut it into slices. Place the slices on brown paper.
- After you make soap it has to cure for two weeks on one side. Then turn the bars over. Let cure another two weeks. Then it is ready for use.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.