Learning how to make a soccer ball cake is a simply sweet and simple experience. If you need a great birthday cake idea, are just looking to make a fun surprise or simply have some time to kill, learning how to make soccer ball cake is a great idea.
What you will need:
- Two cake mixes
- 4 qt metal bowl
- Waxed paper
- Vanilla butter cream frosting
- Black food coloring
- 2 piping bags
- Medium star tip
- Large star tip
- Preheat the oven to the temperature needed for a bundt pan.
- Grease and flour the metal bowl.
Make the cake according to the packages instructions and pour it into the prepared metal bowl.
- Bake in the oven for one hour (or longer as needed). Check with a toothpick.
Allow to cool.
Remove the cake from the pan and turn it upside down so that the flat part is on the bottom.
- Spread a thin layer of frosting all around the soccer ball cake and allow it to harden. This will help the frosting go on without making crumbs.
- Make stencils from a real soccer ball and use them as a template for your cake.
Use a toothpick to outline where you will be putting your black icing.
Use some of the butter cream and black food coloring to make black frosting.
Outline the pentagons with black frosting using the medium star tip.
- Fill in the rest of the cake with white frosting using the medium star tip.
Tips: Decorate your soccer ball cake on wax paper for a clean finish. If your bottom is not flat, level it before you begin.