Learning how to make a soccer net is a quick process, and a soccer net can really improve this backyard sport. Soccer nets are simple in structure, so making one at home is a piece of cake.
To make a soccer net, you will need:
- Thick netting
- Industrial glue (such as E6000)
- Several zip ties
- Four ten ft PVC pipes
- Six pipe elbows
- Four pipe tees
- To start, you need your pieces. Cut your PVC pipe into four one foot sections, two five foot sections, four three foot sections, and two four foot sections. The base will be made out of three three foot sections and two one foot sections. Attach a one foot section to both ends of a three foot sections with two pipe tees then attach elbows to the ends of the piece you just created.
- On the elbows of your new piece, attach the other three foot sections. You should have something resembling a very wide U at this point. On the tees in the middle attach your two five foot sections. Like with the base, take a three foot section and two one foot sections and attach them together with tees. Attach those tees to the five foot sections connected to the base.
- On the top of your structure (the part with on one three foot section) attach two elbows to the ends. Attach your four foot sections to these elbows, and then to elbows at the base of your structure. Once all these pieces are fit together properly you can glue them all together.
- Onto the last step of making your soccer net. Drape your netting around the structure and zip tie the net to the top. When zip tying the net to the bottom, remember not to make it too tight, as you don’t want it to be like a trampoline. Finally zip tie the net to the sides. And that is how easy it is to make a soccer net! Perhaps a little time consuming, but once you learn how to make a soccer net making the second one should be no problem.