Figuring out how to make someone fall in love with you again is an emotional process; most likely your love never left which is why you want theirs to come back. While it may feel impossible, there are ways to accomplish your goal and make someone fall back in love with you again when both of you are ready.
- Help them remember why you fell in love to begin with. Sometimes a little reminder is all they need to fall back in love with you, remind them how the love started. Take them to the places you went when you were falling in love, do some of the things you used to do in the beginning. The goal is to get them back to a place mentally that helps them remember when you two fell in love.
- Stay positive when trying to make someone fall in love with you again. No one wants to be around negative people so always be positive when you interact with them. Don’t place blame on anyone for why the love went away, continue to find ways to bring it back. Don’t criticize the people they may have in their lives, such as a new love.
- Address the issue. Talk about what made their feelings for you change and find out if they believe there is anything you can do to fix the problems. Showing you care about the relationship will help them fall in love with you.
- Don’t be irrational or drastic. You may want to hurry things up to get them back in love with you, but reacting quickly and irrationally will probably push them further away. Be calm, and don’t do anything dangerous to get them back.
- Be the person you used to be. Think back to the time when you two were falling in love. Were you nicer? Did you call randomly to check on them and say hi? What were the things you did to initially make them fall in love, and can you do these things again? Chances are you have stopped doing those things or you’re not the same person. If you can, try to be that person again.
- Give them time. Don’t expect them to trust you or be ready to fall back in love with you again just because you say you are changing. They will want to see for themselves and they will probably be skeptical. Give them time to see how you have changed and the steps you are taking.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...