Want to learn how to make soy sauce? Soy sauce is stated to have originated in China 2,500 years ago. It may have been created as a way to extend the life of salt, which, was thought to be very expensive back then and quite difficult to acquire. Soy sauce is made up of fermented soy beans, water, flour and salt. If you've ever wondered how to make soy sauce, here is a guide to help you do so.
Soy sauce ingredients needed:
- sixteen ounces of cooked, soft soybeans
- 12 ounces of flour
- 8 ounces of salt
- 1 gallon of water
- Place your soybeans in a food processor and grind until they form a fine paste and mix this paste with your flour. Form a roll with your soybean and flour mixture and cut into tiny discs. Lay your soybean discs between moistened cloths or paper towels and wrap with a cling wrap.
- Take your soybean discs out to ferment. Let it sit for about a week or until completely covered with mold. Making soy sauce at home takes time. You will now set out your discs to dry in sunlight and do this until they are brown and completely dry.
- Mix your salt and water with your soybean discs. Add your dried soybeans to your salt and water mixture and cover with a cloth or plastic wrap loosely. Stir daily.
- Dissolve the mixture completely by blending thoroughly. You have created home made soy sauce. This process can take anywhere from weeks to months depending on how you prefer it to taste.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.