An easy way to add some diversity to your liquor cabinet is to learn how to make spiced rum. Spiced rum can be used in many different cocktails, and being able to make your own will allow you to expand your horizons. While there are many ways to enjoy this beverage, you may find that the best usage of spiced rum is just drinking it straight.
To make spiced rum, you will need:
- 750 ml bottle of gold rum
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 2 cloves
- 1 piece all-spice
- Orange zest
- A medium funnel
- A knife
- Pour the gold rum into a pitcher. A good quality rum is best for making a tasty spiced rum.
- Cut a three-inch piece off the vanilla bean. Place the three-inch piece of the vanilla bean into the empty rum bottle.
- Cut a three-inch piece off the cinnamon stick. Place the three-inch piece of the cinnamon stick into the rum bottle with the vanilla bean piece.
- Cut off one point from the star anise. Add the star anise point to the rum bottle with the vanilla bean and cinnamon stick pieces.
- Add the two pieces of cloves to the rum bottle as well. Also include the single piece of whole all-spice.
- Cut a one-inch by half-inch piece from the orange zest. Place the orange zest into the rum bottle with the rest of the spices.
- Place the funnel on the rum bottle. Pour the rum from the pitcher through the funnel into the rum bottle.
- Seal the rum bottle and shake vigorously to mix the spices. Steep the spices in the rum for at least 24 hours before using the spiced rum.
Once you've completed these steps, your spiced rum is ready for consumption. Enjoy!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
As Boogie Nights Turns 20, Here’s What You Didn’t Kno...
Fun facts about Paul Thomas Anderson, Dirk Diggler, Rollergirl and more.