Here is a recipe for how to make spinach tortillas. Spinach tortillas are a nutritious option for your family. Here are the steps to make them. It is fairly simple. Gather these ingredients and you will have a great option for your next meal.
The ingredients required are:
- 1/2 cup of Spinach
- 2 cups of white, wheat or corn flour
- 2 tablespoons of bottled water
- 1 chopping board and 1 sharp knife
- 1 teaspoon of yeast
- 2 tablespoons of shortening or veggie butter
- 1 large mixing bowl
- First, take the spinach and chop it lengthwise on the chopping board with the pairing knife. You have to chop it order for the vitamins from the spinach to become part of the dough. When added to the dough it will look like speckles. This will add a green hue to the tortilla as it cooks.
- Then, chop those pieces of spinach into pieces that are the size of a pea. Make sure to keep them as dry as possible. When you cut the spinach it should not be wet. Otherwise it makes the dough the wrong consistency.
- After that, add the dry ingredients to that same bowl. Mix the dry ingredients well. It should be the consistency of biscuit dough. It will be slightly sticky and stretch when pulled apart.
- Now, place that spinach in a bowl. Rinse the spinach. Do not use soap. Simple water and a squirt of lemon works well.
- Now, add the water and half of the shortening. Add the ingredients slowly. You don't want to get a chewy consistency. Adding ingredients makes or breaks tortillas.
- Mix with your hands until it is well blended. Allow the mixture to sit for about one hour. Punch it down a few times. It should be able to double in size. Then it is ready.
- Take a teaspoon of the mixed dough. Try to keep the size the same. It is nice to have each tortilla the same. The choice is up to you.
- Add the rest of the shortening to the frying pan. You can also use other oils. Shortening works well for many people. Allow the oil to heat up to 101 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Flatten the dough until it is thin enough to see light through. Many cooks like varied thickness. Experiment until you get it like you like it. You will find a thickness that you like.
- Place each spinach tortilla in the hot grease. Be careful to add the tortilla slowly. You don't want to burn yourself. Turn the tortilla as it begins to darken.
- Cook the tortillas until you have enough. This dough does not freeze well, so use all of the dough. Make only enough dough for the amount of tortillas required.
Once you know how to make spinach tortillas, you can make them as often as you like. They are healthy and yummy. Add some fillings for a complete meal. You can serve them warm or cold.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
9 Rappers With “Young” In Their Names Who Aren’t So Young An...
They get older, their monikers stay the same age.