How To Make Standing Punching Bags
It is very easy to make a standing punching bag. A standing punching bag is a great thing to have and a great way to stay in shape. This article will give you the steps and the tools you need in order to make yourself a standing punching bag for your home or elsewhere.
Here is what you need:
- Old rags or clothes
- Duffel Bag
- Take out the duffel bag and zip it open.
- Take discarded clothes, rags and towels and stuff them to capacity in the bag. You want to leave no room inside the bag, so once you stuff the bag you can close it.
- Next, cut pieces of wood to the size of how large you want the punching bag to be. You could also have this done at the lumber yard or hardware store when you go.
- Using your hammer, nail the pieces of wood together in order to form a stand. This is going to be where the bag hangs from. When it is complete, it should have a stand, base and a few beams. You will also want to make something for the bag to hang from.
- Next, you want to chain and hook the bag. You can purchase screw hooks to go right into the wood and then chain the bag. If your bag has loops, you can piece the fabric or loops together to chain the bag properly.
You could test your bag by punching it a few times. Check for balance, sturdiness and if it is to your desired specifications.