Learning how to make steak quesadillas is almost as easy as ordering the item from your favorite Mexican restaurant. Prepared with a few simple ingredients, steak quesadillas are even easy enough for new cooks to prepare. Your guests will be pleased when you serve this wonderful, yet simple dish.
Things You'll Need:
- 1 pound of sirloin steak
- 3 large skillets
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- 8 ounces of water
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large bell pepper sliced
- Olive oil
- 8 ounces of Pepper Jack cheese, sliced
- 4 large white tortillas
- Sour Cream
- Trim the sirloin steak of fat, cut into one-inch pieces and cook in a large skillet over medium-high heat until brown. This will take ten to fifteen minutes depending on the level of doneness you prefer.
- Add the taco seasoning and water and continue cooking until the meat absorbs the mixture. This will take another eight to ten minutes.
- Season the onions and peppers with salt and pepper and saute in a large skillet over medium-high heat. This should take about ten minutes, depending on how done you like your vegetables.
- Place a tortilla in a large skillet and add a quarter of the steak, vegetables and cheese to one side, fold and cook. You want to cook the steak quesadillas over medium heat allowing the quesadilla to slowly brown on both sides while the cheese melts. Once done, repeat with the remained ingredients.
Cut into wedges and serve with sour cream, salsa and guacamole.
- The steak and vegetables can be prepared ahead of time and reheated before the quesadillas are made.
- Watch the quesadillas closely so that they don't burn.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
As Boogie Nights Turns 20, Here’s What You Didn’t Kno...
Fun facts about Paul Thomas Anderson, Dirk Diggler, Rollergirl and more.