Learning how to make steak quesadillas is almost as easy as ordering the item from your favorite Mexican restaurant. Prepared with a few simple ingredients, steak quesadillas are even easy enough for new cooks to prepare. Your guests will be pleased when you serve this wonderful, yet simple dish.
Things You'll Need:
- 1 pound of sirloin steak
- 3 large skillets
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- 8 ounces of water
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large bell pepper sliced
- Olive oil
- 8 ounces of Pepper Jack cheese, sliced
- 4 large white tortillas
- Sour Cream
- Trim the sirloin steak of fat, cut into one-inch pieces and cook in a large skillet over medium-high heat until brown. This will take ten to fifteen minutes depending on the level of doneness you prefer.
- Add the taco seasoning and water and continue cooking until the meat absorbs the mixture. This will take another eight to ten minutes.
- Season the onions and peppers with salt and pepper and saute in a large skillet over medium-high heat. This should take about ten minutes, depending on how done you like your vegetables.
- Place a tortilla in a large skillet and add a quarter of the steak, vegetables and cheese to one side, fold and cook. You want to cook the steak quesadillas over medium heat allowing the quesadilla to slowly brown on both sides while the cheese melts. Once done, repeat with the remained ingredients.
Cut into wedges and serve with sour cream, salsa and guacamole.
- The steak and vegetables can be prepared ahead of time and reheated before the quesadillas are made.
- Watch the quesadillas closely so that they don't burn.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.