Learning how to make steak sauce for the first time can seem like a daunting task. Once you get the basics down, however, making the sauce is a cinch. You will also be able to easily adjust the recipe and personalize it to your particular tastes.
You will need the following items:
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 3 Tbsp. vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 4 cloves of garlic diced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
Follow these steps to make your own steak sauce:
- Place the Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, honey, vinegar, and lemon juice in your blender.
- Heat up your olive oil in a pan.
- Add the onions and garlic to the pan.
- Toss the salt and pepper over the garlic and onions.
- Cook for five minutes.
- Place the ingredients from the pan in to the blender.
- Blend until all of the ingredients have been pureed.
- Pour the contents of the blender back in to the pan, and simmer for twenty minutes.
- Allow the homemade steak sauce to cool.
- Place the steak sauce in a clean glass jar and refrigerate.
Some individuals like to add soy sauce to their homemade steak sauce. If you do this, delete the salt from the above recipe. Otherwise, your steak sauce will be too salty.
Mushrooms can also be a delicious additive to your steak sauce. Make sure they are completely cooked and pureed before adding them to your sauce.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
The Modern Gentleman’s Guide to Casual Sex
Studies show your fling has an assumption about how things will go. Prove them wrong.
How to End Awkward Handshakes
A short illustrated history of when to use what.