Have you wondered how to make steak taco's? Making steak taco's is fast, fun and easy. The recipe below is just one of many variations on how to make steak taco's. When considering how to make steak taco's think of who will be eating them. If a person has food allergies or personal preferences substitute the item(s) such as using a red onion instead of green onions. Other mentionable variations include using re-fried beans to help hold the items in the taco.
Also remember when thinking about how to make steak tacos that home grown or organically grown vegetables will taste better and be a healthier alternative to shopping at a grocery store or check online or you phone book for organic farmers or grocery stores in your area. If you worry about the quality of your steak, sour cream and cheese when considering how to make steak taco's inquire about quality from a butcher, organic farmer or store.
- vegetable oil
- 1 lb. of flank steak
- Grated cheddar or mixed taco cheese
- green onions
- lettuce, shredded or chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped thin
- shells (soft or hard)
- sour cream
- jalapeno pepper, minced
- cilantro, preferably fresh
- garlic cloves
- 3/4 tespoon salt
How to make steak tacos:
- Place a small amount of oil in the bottom of the pan and heat. Add strips of steak, salt, pepper, cilantro and garlic.
- Stir frequently until steak is no longer pink.
- In a separate pan use a bit of oil and heat shells for a minute or two on each side.
- Place each shell on a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Place meat and seasonings in the shell. Top with lettuce, celery, green onions, tomatoes, cheese, and sour cream.
If this dish is for a dinner party remember food presentation is everything. Place meat and seasonings in one bowl, vegetables should be in separate bowls, sour cream should be served in a small bowl and shells should be served on a decorative plate. Place spoons or serving tongs on the side of the bowls.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.