Ok, so you’ve got a condition that calls for the use of medicinal marijuana and all of the marijuana is gone, the bag is almost empty except for a few remnants in the form of twigs; but if you know how to make stem tea, at least you’ll have a use for those last dregs of dope. No sense wasting a drop of that medicinal marijuana!
To make stem tea, you will need:
- 5 grams of ground up stems (if you add in some leaves and buds, you’re more likely to catch that buzz. Reduce the amount needed to three grams.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups fresh water
- A coffee filter
- 1 cup whole milk (you can use 2 percent but you’re better off using the full fat version)
- Start making stem tea by putting the water in a pot to boil.
- While the water is heating, adding ground up marijuana to the middle of the coffee filter. Twist the filter tightly to close or tie the top with a piece of string. If you can spare a nice juicy bud, add it to the bundle. You’ve got a much better chance of some relief for your medical condition with the use of stem tea if you add a bud or some dope leaves.
- Once the water is boiling, add the butter to the pan. Do not use margarine as a substitute as there is not as much fat in margarine as in butter and you need the fat to work its magic with the THC. Turn the heat down so that the butter and water are barely simmering.
- Add in the coffee filter bundle. Cover and let simmer slowly for about an hour. If the water evaporates, add a bit more. Do not add too much water. The water will turn a brownish color. You want the water to be as deeply brown as possible.
- Add in the milk and stir well. Boil for 10-15 more minutes.
- Pour into a tea cup, add any condiments you choose (such as cinnamon, nutmeg, or sugar). Drink and enjoy!
Warnings: Stem tea may not relieve your medical condition, but it might make you a bit happy. If you substitute medical marijuana buds and leaves for the stems, you will get very happy, and you will be very tired when the happiness dissipates. The resulting feeling you get from making medicinal stem tea may take between 30 to 50 minutes to hit you, so drink just a small amount and wait before re-dosing.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
We all love fine food—and the people who make it! Eats introduces you to those folks, taking you into the kitchens of all kinds of culinary luminaries. From BBQ to vegan, eco-frien …