How To Make Sticky Rice With Mango
Learning how to make Sticky Rice with Mango is a breeze. You'll impress the ladies with this smooth dessert that packs a sweet punch. Sticky Rice with Mango is a traditional Thai dish that is easy to make and serve at home. This recipe feeds six people and is best served in individual bowls. It is just as good warm and fresh off the stove as it is cold. Sticky Rice with Mango keeps for several days in the refrigerator--if it lasts that long!
- 1 cup rice (Use white sticky rice instead of regular rice. Look for sticky rice in Asian markets or ethnic stores.)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 4 mangoes
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 2 pans
- 6 small bowls
- 6 spoons
- Cook the rice according to the package's directions to begin making Sticky Rice with Mango. When the rice is cooked, put it into six bowls.
- Heat the coconut milk, sugar and sea salt in a pan over medium heat. Stir the mixture until the sugar has dissolved. Make sure it does not come to a boil.
- Pour the coconut milk mixture over the rice in the bowls and you are almost done making Sticky Rice with Mango. Gently stir the mixture until it combines with the rice.
- Peel and cut the mangoes into bite-size chunks as a last step of making Sticky Rice with Mango. Divide the mangoes between the six bowls and place them on top of the rice.