How To Make A Strawberry Daiquiri
For a delicious addition to any social event, learn how to make a strawberry daiquiri. A fun, fruity, blended drink, the strawberry daiquiri is perfect for those who want to enjoy something cold, sweet, and refreshing that isn't overpowering.
To make a strawberry daiquiri, you will need the following:
- 1 oz. light rum
- 1 oz. lime juice
- 1/2 oz. Strawberry Schnapp's
- 1 tsp. powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups of ice if cubed, 1 cup if crushed
- Daiquiri glass
- Strawberry or lime wedge for garnish
- Combine the rum, lime juice, Strawberry Schnapp's, powdered sugar, strawberries, and ice together in the blender. Put the ice in first, this will ensure that the ice is being blended thoroughly, then combine the rest of the ingredients as normal.
- Blend in short bursts initially in order to crush the ice. Then blend on high for about 45 seconds, or until smooth, stopping to stir about every 15 seconds.
- Pour into daiquiri glass and serve immediately. You can also chill the daiquiri glass ahead of time by putting it in the freezer for 2-3 hours. This will keep your strawberry daiquiri cold longer.
- Garnish with a fresh strawberry or lime wedge on the lip of the glass. This is the classic garnish for a strawberry daiquiri.
It is best to use fresh, ripe strawberries for making the strawberry daiquiri, this will ensure that all of the flavors will come through. However, you can also use frozen strawberries, but expect the drink to be much sweeter. If you want the drink to be a little stronger, try adding in another 1/2-1 oz of light rum.