How To Make Strawberry Preserves
Learning how to make strawberry preserves is easy, fun and simple. Strawberry preserves contain real strawberries that have been prepared in air-tight container for long term storage. Often used on toast, strawberry preserves is a spread made from sweetened fruit complimented with butter. With this easy recipe, you will learn how to make strawberry preserves for friends and family.
For the strawberry preserves recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 pounds of fresh strawberries, hulled
- 5 cups of white sugar
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar
- 1 pinch of salt
- Rinse the fresh strawberries thoroughly and remove the stems.
- Cut the strawberries into halves and set aside.
- Combine the fresh strawberries, white sugar, vinegar, and salt into a pot.
- Bring the mixture to a boil for approximately 15 to 20 minutes and continue to stir frequently. Continue until the strawberry preserve mixture has reached approximately 220 degree Fahrenheit.
- Sterilize jars by washing the jars with soapy water.
- Submerge the jars in boiling water for approximately 5 minutes.
- Rinse and dry off the jars.
- Transfer the mixture of strawberry preserves to the sterilized jars.
- Seal the strawberry preserve jars tightly to keep in freshness.
- Give the jars of strawberry preserves a warm water bath for 10 minutes.
- Refrigerate the strawberry preserves once the seal has been broken.
This easy strawberry reserves recipe requires approximately 15 minutes of preparation time and can be completed within 35 minutes. The recipe yields approximately 5 cups of strawberry preserve but can be increased appropriately for additional servings.