Learning how to make stuffed cabbage is trouble free with this painless recipe. Stuffed cabbage is an economical ,comfort food that is just as yummy the day after!. This recipe contains ready to use ingredients that will allow you not just to make a delicious stuffed cabbage, but a time conscious on as well! To make stuffed cabbage you will need the following items:
To make stuffed cabbage you will need the following items:
- 1 large head green cabbage, core removed
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2/3 cup converted rice
- 1 (1.5-ounce) packet meatloaf seasoning
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups frozen chopped onions
- 1 (26-ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green peppers, celery and onion
- A large Baking dish
- A large pot
- A large cooking fork
- Preheat the oven to bake the stuffed cabbage. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Blanch the cabbage for the stuffed cabbage.. Boil a large pot of water. Take a cooking fork and stick it in the head of the cabbage into the bottom of the cabbage. Holding the fork place the cabbage into the boiling water for about ten seconds. Remove from water and peel off the leaves. Place the leaves to one side.
- Make the stuffing for the stuffed cabbage. In a bowl, mix the ground beef, uncooked rice, meatloaf seasoning, and eggs. .
- Prepare the cabbage leaves for the stuffed cabbage. Remove cabbage leaves from the bowl and cut off the white wide stalk piece. Line a large baking dish with the smaller inner white cabbage leaves.
- Stuff the cabbage for stuffed cabbage, Scoop two to three tablespoons of meat mixture and but in the center of a leaves. Fold over sides and turn up. Repeat with remaining leaves and meat. Put cabbage rolls closure part down in cabbage leaf lined pan. Sprinkle the top of the stuffed cabbage with the onions.
- Bake the stuffed cabbage. In a bowl, blend together sauce and diced tomatoes. Pour over the top of the stuffed cabbage. Cover pan with foil. Bake in oven for one hour.
- Serve the stuffed cabbage. Serve the stuffed cabbage hot with sauce.
You have now made stuffed cabbage! The dish can be served with rice or mashed potatoes
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.