Learn how to make stuffed pork chops that will melt in your mouth and make you wonder why you didn't make a double batch for some second helpings or some really great leftovers. This recipe makes them taste like gourmet pork chops and keeps the meat itself moist and flavorful.
To make stuffed pork chops, you'll need:
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped into large pieces
- 1 small can of sauerkraut, rinsed well and squeezed three times
- 1 granny smith apple, diced and peeled
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 large baking potato, diced small
- 4 thick pork chops, about 2 to 3 inches thick
- Fry bacon in a frying pan until crisp. Remove the bacon and set aside.
- Place the onion in the frying pan. Add the tablespoon of sugar on top of the onion and fry until the onion is browned and translucent. Stir frequently.
- Put the sauerkraut into a saucepan. Add the diced apple, diced potato, caramelized onion, brown sugar and water. Mix gently and set aside on low heat.
- Sear pork chops in the same pan that you used for the bacon and onion. Turn them over quickly on high heat to avoid burning the meat. Repeat until the pork chops are well browned.
- Remove the pork chops from the pan. Slice sideways slits into the pork chops for stuffing, but do not cut all the way through. One slit into each chop.
- Crumble bacon and sprinkle the pieces on top of the sauerkraut mixture. Mix well and drain excess liquid into a casserole dish, just enough to cover the bottom of the dish so the pork chops don't stick.
- Stuff each chop with the sauerkraut mixture and place into a baking dish. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes each side or until the juices run clear from the pork chops. You may want to secure the stuffed pork chops by placing one or two toothpicks into the edges.
Keep some extra virgin olive oil on hand in case the frying pan is dry when you go to brown the pork chops. If you need more oil just add a little drizzle to the pan. Finally, a meat thermometer is a must-have kitchen tool. If you do have one the internal temperature of the chops themselves should be about 170 degrees.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?