Need to know how to make a Summer Hummer cocktail? Even non-Hummer drivers crave a refreshing, cool cocktail in the summer, and the Summer Hummer cocktail is a perfect concoction to cool the gullet. Made with vodka, raspberry liquor and lemonade, the Summer Hummer is just right to enjoy while swinging in a hammock under some cool trees on a hot summer day.
To make a Summer Hummer cocktail, you will need:
- A tall beverage glass
- 2 ounces of top-shelf vodka (go for any triple-distilled vodka for the cleanest, most refreshing taste)
- 2 ounces of raspberry liquor
- 4 ounces of fresh lemonade (frozen lemonade is okay, but it's worth it to mix up a fresh batch for your Summer Hummer)
- A lemon peel or lemon slice and two raspberries for garnish
- To make a Summer Hummer, first fill the tall beverage glass with fresh ice. Add in the best vodka you can find along with the raspberry liquor. Stir to mix.
- Top your Summer Hummer off with the lemonade. Add the raspberries on top and float the lemon peel. Alternatively, if you like a more lemony drink, squeeze the lemon slice and drop on top of the drink.
A Summer Hummer cocktail is about the most refreshing cocktail you'll find, so be aware of how quickly or how much you imbibe. You might find yourself a bit toasted without realizing it, especially if you've been in the heat. If you're really a lemon fan, add a triple-distilled lemon-flavored vodka instead of the regular vodka. Or, if you prefer a drink heavier in raspberry taste, use a good quality raspberry vodka.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
A Noble Experiment… With Bourbon
What happens when jeans are “aged” liked a fine spirit? We’ll soon find out.
Today in Nick Offerman: Love, Work and iPhone Advice
He offered that, plus tales of college sex, on the Tonight Show.
Cooking With Booze: Bourbon Barrel Quad Ice Cream
If you're ever going to make dessert, make it this beer-and-bourbon brilliance.