How To Make A Sunburn Heal Faster
Knowing how to make a sunburn heal faster is important if you are suffering from too much sun exposure. Having a sunburn can be extremely uncomfortable, especially if you are severely burnt. Following these steps will help you get relief and make your sunburn heal faster.
To make a sunburn heal faster, you will need:
- Cold compress
- Lotion or gel with aloe
- Spray with lidocaine
- Pain reliever
- The first thing to do is use a cold compress. Use a hand towel or washcloth and soak it in cold water. If you want a really cold compress, you can always wrap ice or an ice pack in the towel. Place the compress on the sunburned area for five to ten minutes. Repeat this process at least every few hours, or as often as desired. Applying a cold compress keeps the sunburnt skin moisturized and helps to prevent inflammation. It is important to keep the skin moist to relieve pain, prevent peeling and help the sunburn heal faster.
- After you've applied a cold compress, apply a lotion, gel or spray. There are gels and lotions with aloe that are specifically designed to help relieve and heal sunburns. Aloe is natural and helps heal sunburns and provides faster pain relief. Aloe will also help to keep your sunburnt skin moist and prevent discomfort. If you prefer, there are also sprays available that contain lidocaine, which helps provide sunburn healing and relief. You can use any products that contain lidocaine or aloe for the purpose of relieving and healing a sunburn.
- Rest and drink plenty of water. To help a sunburn heal faster, it is important that you drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated. You also want to rest so that your body is able to heal the sunburn as quickly as possible. Soaking in a bath of cold water helps the healing process, and is also extremely soothing for a sunburn.
- Use a pain reliever if needed. Taking an oral pain reliever can also help relieve your pain and prevent inflammation caused by a sunburn. Too much sun exposure can leave you with a headache or whole body ache, so it may be necessary to take an over the counter pain reliever. Only take the recommended dose, and consult your physician if you have any questions, or if you aren't feeling better soon.
- While you are healing from your sunburn, it is a good idea to keep the sunburned area covered and to try to stay out of the sun as much as possible. Wear loose fitting clothing so that the sunburn does not become irritated.