If you are looking for something a little different to add to your sushi plate, here’s how to make sushi crunch roll, using bread crumbs to bread and deep fry the entire sushi roll. This recipe makes a vegetarian roll that takes longer than most sushi to make, but is worth the extra effort.
You will need lemon juice, wasabi, nori, a cucumber, carrots, bell peppers, avocado, panko (Japanese bread crumbs), Nori Komi Furikake (seasoning), eggs, flour and several cups of sushi rice (one cup per roll). You will also need a bamboo sushi mat and deep frying capabilities.
- Vegetable Prep Before you begin making the sushi, prepare your vegetables. The cucumber, carrots, bell peppers, and avocado should be sliced into long rectangles that will fit well into a sushi roll.
- First Roll On your sushi mat, lay down your first sheet of nori (shiny side down). This first roll is just vegetables. Arrange slices of cucumber, carrot, bell pepper, and avocado to your liking on the front edge of the sushi mat. Roll it up tightly and repeat with however many sushi rolls you are making. Set these rolls aside.
- Second Roll This roll starts the same way – nori, shiny side down – but uses just rice to make the second layer of this crunchy sushi roll. Spread one cup of sushi rice over the nori, making sure to leave about an inch of bare nori at one end. Roll up a vegetable roll inside this second sheet of nori. Use the inch of bare nori to seal the roll and use the sushi mat to shape it. Do this with every sushi roll you are making and then set them all aside.
- Breading Mix the nori komi furikake and panko together and spread the mixture on the bottom of a shallow dish. Next, beat eggs in another dish that is at least the length of a whole sushi roll. Dust each roll with flour, dip it in the eggs and then roll it in the bread crumb mixture.
- Frying The final step is to deep fry the breaded sushi rolls. Deep fry each roll for about one minute or until it has turned golden and crispy. Dab each roll with a paper towel to soak up any extra oil. Slice each roll into eight to ten slices and serve.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.