How To Make Sushi Rolls
Sushi rolls are nutritious and high in protein, and learning how to make sushi rolls is easy. Just be sure to inspect your sushi well when you buy it since improperly prepared raw seafood products can pose health risks.
How to Make Sushi Rolls:
Sushi of your choice
Bamboo Sushi Mat
Condiments of your choice
1. To make sushi rolls, first prepare your sushi rice according to package directions and cool to room temperature.
2. Next, lay out a nori (dried seaweed) sheet on a bamboo sushi mat. Place your sushi rice on top of the nori sheet, covering the surface evenly.
3. After covering the nori sheet with rice, place your choice of sushi evenly in a line down the center of the nori sheet. Be sure to place the sushi lengthwise across the sheet, opposite the direction that you intend to roll the sushi roll with the mat.
4. You've almost learned how to make sushi rolls! Next, carefully begin to roll up the sushi roll. Draw the side of the mat up over the end of the nori sheet, being careful to evenly apply gentle pressure over the nori to begin forming it into a cylinder.
5. Continue to roll the nori sheet around the filling, using the mat over the top of the sushi roll, until you have completed making the sushi roll.
6. Remove the finished sushi roll from the mat and place it onto a clean serving plate with the seam side down.
7. Wet a sharp knife by running a damp towel over the blade, then slice the sushi roll in to even pieces. Wetting the knife keeps it from sticking to the rice as you slice the sushi rolls.
After learning how to make sushi rolls, it is helpful to know what serve your sushi rolls with. Traditionally Japanese sushi rolls are often served with green tea. Sauces and condiments popular for serving with sushi rolls are wasabi, soy sauce and gari, (sweet pickled ginger).