How To Make Sweet Potato Fries
Make sweet potato fries as a filling snack or as a great side dish. This recipe combines the sweet taste of sweet potatoes with the savory flavor of bacon and onion. Make these sweet potato fries for your friends and you will have friends for life.
Ingredients needed for sweet potato fries:
- 1½-2 pounds of sweet potatoes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 1 onion, chopped up
- 4 ounces of lean bacon, chopped up
- 2 ounces of bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper
How to make Sweet Potato Fries
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into 1½ inch strips. Place in a pan of boiling water with the lemon juice and a little salt. Simmer for eight to ten minutes until cooked but not soft.
- Mix together the flour, pepper and salt. Drain the potatoes and coat the pieces with the seasoned flour.
Heat one tablespoon of the oil in a large frying pan. Fry the onion for about two minutes. Add the bacon and fry over low heat for six to eight minutes until the onion and bacon are golden brown. Transfer to a plate using a slotted spoon.
- Add the bread crumbs and fry while stirring for about one to two minutes until golden. Remove from pan and add the fried bread crumbs to the plate with the bacon and onion.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan and fry the coated potatoes for five to six minutes. Turn occasionally, until the sweet potato fries are evenly browned. Stir in the bread crumb and bacon/onion mixture. Cook for one minute. Serve the sweet potato fries hot!