How To Make Sweet Potato Pie
Those who love to cook are probably wondering how to make sweet potato pie. Sweet potato pie is great to serve at holiday feasts. So don't forget to make your very own sweet potato pie to serve on Christmas or Thanksgiving. With some easy steps, you can enjoy a fresh baked sweet potato pie in the comfort of your own home.
To make sweet potato pie, you will need:
- 10 graham crackers
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- a pinch of salt
- 5 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cups sweet potato puree
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
Preheat your oven. Get your oven ready by placing the rack on the bottom shelf. Set your oven to 350 degrees. This will give the oven time to heat up while you are preparing to bake your pie.
- Prepare the crust. You can't make a sweet potato pie without the crust. You will need to use a food processor to make your crust. Place the graham crackers, 3 tbsp. sugar, ginger, and salt in the food processor. Put it on pulse until is finely grounded. Next, put the butter into the processor and let it continue to mix. Once it forms into large moist crumbs, pour the crust into a nine inch pie plate. Press it on the bottom and sides.
- Prepare the filling. Pour the eggs and sugar into a large bowl and whisk it well. You will then add the sweet potato puree, half and half, lemon juice, vanilla, allspice, and salt to the combination. Whisk these ingredients until the mixture becomes completely smooth. Pour the filling into the pie crust and smooth it out evenly with a spatula.
- Bake your sweet potato pie. Take the pie and place it on a baking sheet. Bake it for 40-50 minutes. It is done once the filling is set. When your pie is done baking, it must cool down for at least two hours. It must be completely cooled before serving. Cool the sweet potato pie by placing it on a wire rack.
- Serve the pie. Sweet potato pie is served best when cooled, but can also be served at room temperature. Adding a spoon of whipped cream can also make your pie more enjoyable. Sweet potato pie should be stored in the refrigerator.