How To Make A Taco Bell 7 Layer Burrito
Not everyone wants to get out of the house when they're having a Taco Bell craving, so it helps to know how to make a Taco Bell 7 layer burrito at home. This is so easy to make that you can whip it up for friends or for a late night snack.
To make a Taco Bell 7 layer burrito, you will need:
- Flour tortillas
- Spanish rice
- Refried beans
- Cheddar cheese
- Pepper jack cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Sour cream
- Prepare the Spanish rice and refried beans. Make the Spanish rice according to the package directions. Heat a can of Taco Bell refried beans or put a can of black beans on the stove and smash them with a potato masher once heated.
- Shred the cheeses and lettuce. Shred all three cheeses, then toss them in a bowl to mix them all together. For easier preparation, purchase an already-prepared bag of shredded fiesta cheeses at the store. Shred the lettuce as well into long, thin strips to make a Taco Bell 7 layer burrito.
- Cut up the tomatoes. Cut the tomatoes into small chunks or use a can of chunked tomatoes. Fresh ingredients will enhance the flavor of the Taco Bell 7 layer burrito, but for ease of preparation, canned works just as well.
- Warm the tortillas. Wrap the tortillas in a damp paper towel and warm them in the microwave. Warm them in ten- to fifteen-second increments so you do not overheat the tortillas. You don’t want to make a Taco Bell 7 layer burrito with a tortilla that becomes hard due to being overheated.
- Layer the ingredients. Spread the beans on the 7 layer burrito. Spoon rice over the top of the beans. Add guacamole and sour cream before spreading the lettuce. Sprinkle the cheese and tomatoes to finish off the seven layers. Make sure that you do not place too much on each burrito, as you need to be able to roll it up. Once the tortilla is rolled, place it seam side down on the plate before serving.